Branding encompasses a lot of important things.
When you build a business, it's crucial that you also build a brand alongside it. Your brand is a combination of reputation and identity; it helps consumers to quickly recognise who you are, and what you stand for.
It will include a mission statement: an affirmation of your core values and objectives. You'll always have a logo, and a recognisable visual style. The idea of reputation and identity in branding gives us a clue about its importance to SEO.
The key word here is 'recognition'. SEO is partly about being the most prominent result in search, and a boost from your brand could deliver extra benefits, on top of your optimisation strategy. If a customer sees your corporate branding, and recognises it instantly, they'll naturally gravitate towards it. That's the key to unlocking its power.
Developing a brand alongside SEO
Big businesses spend millions getting their brand known globally. We can all learn lessons from the way they operate. Red Bull is perhaps the most extreme example; it has invested in stunts and world record attempts to get its branding identity known. An everyday corporate brand, like Coca-Cola or Dettol, is instantly recognisable on the shelf. We know what these brands stand for, and we make our buying decisions based on their reputation.
When you’re working on SEO with your branding agency, it’s a good idea to step back and look at your brand in parallel. After all, business is all about retaining customers, and growing over time. Part of that is becoming trusted and recognised in your industry, which can lead to an increased click-through rate in search.
How we pair the two
Ultimate Creative is a branding agency near Manchester. Our experts can help you to establish a solid brand strategy and marketing positioning, before moving on to your website optimisation requirements.
When we work on branding and SEO together, we have a set of criteria in mind:
- We look to build a long-term branding strategy, with a high quality identity that will stand the test of time.
- Our team looks for messaging that emphasises your brand values, and is likely to endure when your business inevitably grows.
- Our design experts work your branding material into all aspects of your digital marketing campaign: PPC, website design, mobile apps, social media and search.
- Your online presence will reflect your brand persona, with strong visual links across different platforms. This really helps to make your brand leap out of the screen, which is going to boost your click-throughs and overall engagement.
- We develop a holistic visual branding strategy that includes logos, colours and layouts. When your customer sees any of your materials, they’re in no doubt where they’ve come from.
How can we help
If you’re a new business, or your looking to rebrand, blending SEO with branding can be a challenge. We’re here to help simplify the process and draw up a successful plan. For more information on our corporate branding services, get in touch, and we’ll help you establish a trusted branding identity that will stand the test of time.